Course Description for LIGMO and Improved Relationships
We live in a diverse, ever-changing and dynamic world. As a result, conflict and mis-communication crop up everywhere because of small mis-understandings. We need tools to help us effectively deal with difficult people and address stressful encounters and eliminate the negative impact they have on productivity, relationships and business outcomes.
Unique Training Approach
The LIGMO Approach utilizes HeartMath as the solution and it offers straightforward, scientifically proven solutions to improve communication at home and in other areas of life. It is a powerful and highly-relevant training program that helps everyone boost performance, improve relationships and strengthen resiliency. You will experience a solid foundation in neuroscience that is relevant to daily human interactions. Drawing on the Institute of HeartMath’s fifteen years of scientific research and successful interventions with corporations, hospitals, government agencies, and schools, this training engages educators and administrators through a timely, practical and research-based approach that works!
To improve communication in relationships, participants will be introduced to a new and simple model which helps to create a cohesive home environment and the ability to have a real meeting of the minds around critical working issues and improve the well-being of all family members.
- Examine the problem of in-attentional blindness
- Adopt the “Relational Process” as a new way of communicating and connecting with loved ones
- Improve communication immediately by taking the significance out of the insignificant
- Learn to listen in a new way to increase rapport with the others
- Create a strong home environment that is positive and supportive
- Develop tools to manage your state as you learn to deal with communication challenges and styles in a new way
- Intra-personal communication: Understanding ourselves and our internal communication first
- Inter-personal communication: Appreciating the various mental models of our world and that there is more
than one approach to looking at the world
- Understanding the root cause of miscommunication that contributes to conflict
- Examine the Relational Process and why it is essential to our survival in the family and community
- Learn to neutralize drama and establish a new model of communication that serves everyone
Course Materials: Experiential exercises and handouts
Target Audience: Adults, Young Adults, Parents and Professionals wishing to improve their personal snd family relationships
Course Length: This 8 hour program is typically held as a full day or two half day sessions with follow up coaching sessions. Successful completion of LIGMO for Improved Relationships workshop is based on full participation in class activities and coaching.