Join me and my character MeMe in the DAILY APPLICATION of LIGMO as a way of confronting all of the ridiculousness in our lives and starting to appreciate the things we take for granted. In The LIGMO Movement as we call it, we are joining with others who are letting go of un-forgiveness, old hurts and offenses from the past. We laugh about all of our own past ridiculousness, realizing how small and petty it is and move on to our higher good. Aren’t we supposed to be evolving as a species? I’m just suggesting that the ridiculous is getting in the way of our upward trajectory.
We’re learning to prioritize and unless something is a necessity and will add value to our lives, we’re letting it go and focusing on what’s really important: relationships, family, friendship, quality time, authentic conversations and service. That’s where the real riches of life can be found – at least for me. How about for you? Ours is a movement to have a life where “being” is more important than “doing” or “having.”
Share your thoughts on how you plan to let go, stop living small and be your best. This could include anything from carrying old grudges; continuously rehearsing old hurts from the past; judging and making others bad and wrong; nursing those old wounds that effect your physical, emotional, mental, physical and social health; keeping old offenses alive in conversations that do not promote brother/sisterhood and peace to any other issues that keep you locked in a living hell.
Imagine living a life of forgiveness, reconciliation and healing. You can’t have joy and wholeness without it! Are you ready to join the movement and learn to LIGMO? It’s all a choice.
To be part of the LIGMO Movement, all you have to do is the following:
- Take the LIGMO Pledge (walk the talk everyday)
- Make a commitment to be your best self (let go of all ridiculous dramas, gossip, racism, and negativity).
- Practice self-awareness, self-appreciation, self-respect, self-responsibility, emotional self-management and self-actualization
- Give yourself and others appreciation everyday (speak words of love and affirmation into the listening of others)
- Take the LIGMO workshop series and learn new tools for living
- Complete your assignments and watch the transformation take place
- Invite others into the Movement by modeling forgiveness and giving others grace (remember, we’re all struggling with our humanity)
- Commit to bring out the best in others (if you’re not doing that, what are you doing?)
- Put a LIGMO bumper sticker on the back of your car to prompt others to LIGMO (sightings are already occurring everywhere)
- Hang the LIGMO Pledge card on your refrigerator or mirror or at work to remind you to respond to life versus react
- Buy copies of the book as gifts to others and share how it positively affected your life
- Wear a LIGMO T-Shirt and when others ask what it’s about – tell them and let it remind you to practice being imperturbable
- Stay focused on what you want and keep your mind off of what you don’t want
Remember, we’re all having the human experience and it’s easier for us to laugh about it together than cry about it alone!
Live. Love. Learn. Laugh. LIGMO!